Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Where is Parker?!?!?!?!

That is THE QUESTION these days...When is Parker coming??????  Wish I knew!  I was convinced I wouldn't be making another post to update everyone after I came off all my meds.  It's the craziest thing.  This little guy was a trouble maker starting at 27 weeks...we get all the way up to the bitter end and he still is causing trouble two days before I officially come off bedrest...

This is what 36 weeks and 5 days looks like...
 Don't worry..it was uneventful.  I was having timeable contractions, but they popped me with a breathine shot and I was on my way back home.  I probably could have just stayed home and let the contractions do as they may...but you all know me...had to make it to 37...that was the goal, so that's what we were doing.




You might be asking yourself...what have I been doing.  Well nothing too extreme...just moving stuff around in the attic, putting up Christmas decorations, some projects around my house I was wanting to do, walking the mall for 4 hours strait, chasing my little boy around, running errands, you know, the usual...no big deal. 

I had to include this pic in here.  This was one of our outings when I was still 36 weeks.  I didn't want a baby dropping out in the middle of Target, so Briggs and I took us a little ride.  And yes...I was cracking up at myself the whole time.  But it was kind of fun.  I've always wanted to ride one of those things.  It does need some kind of boost kit on the back of it or something b/c that thing was S-L-O-W.  But I guess it might be a safety feature so nobody gets run over? :)



On Monday...I was completely convinced I would be holding a baby by the time I went to sleep...BUT...I was wrong.  I was pretty bummed by Tuesday with no baby.  I'm not gonna say I'm pumped up to still not have a baby but I am trying to shift perspective.  With Briggs, I was on bedrest 4 weeks and BAM..stood up and had a kid.  With Parker I've had a chance to get some things situated and goals accomplished that were bugging me, it's kind of nice and I'm also getting to spend time with Briggs, my mom and Justin...can't complain about that part...
 
 I have enjoyed this time with Briggs now that I can move around more.  He seems to know something is going on b/c he is very clingy to me during the day.  Don't know if it's because he has seen his mommy laid up on the couch for 5 weeks and then all of a sudden she is chasing him around the house, or what?  Either way, he is a momma's boy all the way unless Justin is around and then he only wants his da-ddy (so cute how he says it).

I guess the most annoying part is the birth part hanging over my head.  I'm not looking forward to that process but am praying the Lord leads and makes it go quickly and smoothly.  Well and then you have all the fun physical stuff like hips hurting, bones aching, difficulty breathing, moving and doing simple tasks...but that's all part of it I guess.  Don't hear me complaining too much b/c I am very thankful I get to feel all those things and my baby moving...nothing like it...it will just be exciting to be able to hold him in my arms and get back to life. 

My body is showing some signs of progression so I'm hoping it won't be too much longer.  I'll spare you the details...just trust me on that one.  I was awake with contractions all night last night, but they slacked off when I started moving around this morning..so we are getting somewhere, just slowly.    Until then...I'll continue my baby workouts and promise to let everyone know when we have us a Parker in our hands.  As one of my friends so beautifully said the other pm when she was checking on me...trust the Lord has chosen the exact perfect minute of his birth.  It won't be long...so true Allison..I like that perspective and am holding to that.



As I close let me leave all of you with a verse the nurses at the hospital gave me.  They said they are going to put it on my board when I come in to have Parker, for real...

A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.
John 16:21

No comments:

Post a Comment